About Vecima Networks
Vecima Networks Inc. (TSX:VCM) is a globally recognized leader in creating breakthrough technology solutions that empower network service providers to connect people and enterprises to information and entertainment worldwide. Vecima products for the cable industry allow service providers a cost-effective Last Mile Solution® for both video and broadband access, especially in the demanding business services market segment. Vecima’s Video Content Delivery and Storage business, operated under the Concurrent brand, includes solutions and software for industries and customers that focus on storing, protecting, transforming, and delivering high-value media assets. Vecima also provides fleet managers the key information and analytics they require to optimally manage their business under the Contigo, NERO Global Tracking, and FleetLynx brands.
- Since its inception, Vecima has grown from three employees to several hundred.
- The main manufacturing facility is located in Saskatoon SK, Canada.
- Vecima has facilities located in Canada and the United States.
- At Vecima Networks, we design, manufacture and sell products that enable broadband access to cable, wireless and telephony networks.
- Our hardware products incorporate embedded software developed by us to meet the complex requirements of next-generation, high-speed digital networks.
- Our solutions allow service providers to rapidly and cost-effectively bridge the final network segment that connects a system directly to end-users, commonly referred to as “the last mile”.
- 1988 Wavecom Electronics Inc. is founded and incorporated by Dr. Surinder Kumar in Saskatoon, SK
- 1990 Wavecom introduces its first commercial products – a line of modulators for the cable television industry
- 1998 Head Office is relocated to Victoria, BC
- 2003 Wavecom changes name to VCom Inc.
- 2003 Vecima acquires YourLink, a wireless service provider
- 2005 VCom transitions into a public company, listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol VCM
- 2006 VCom rebrands, changing the name to Vecima Networks Inc.
- 2016 Vecima acquires Contigo Systems Inc., a telematics company
- 2017 Vecima sells YourLink
- 2017 Vecima signs asset purchase agreement to acquire the video content and delivery business of Concurrent Computer Corporation