About Vecima Networks
Vecima Networks Inc. is a global leader focused on developing integrated hardware and scalable software solutions for broadband access, content delivery, and telematics. We enable the world’s leading innovators to advance, connect, entertain, and analyze. We build technologies that transform content delivery and storage, enable high-capacity broadband network access, and streamline data analytics. For more information, please visit our website at www.vecima.com.
Vecima Networks was founded in 1988 in Saskatoon, SK under the name Wavecom Electronics Inc. by Dr. Surinder Kumar, professor and holder of the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council’s Industrial Chair in Telecommunications at the University of Saskatchewan. Its first commercial products were a line of modulators for the cable television industry which proved vital in the new and emerging Internet and cable markets. The company grew rapidly over the next several decades, at one point with more than 50% of the high-speed internet-over-cable data traffic in the world being transmitted across devices manufactured by Vecima.
- 1988 Wavecom Electronics Inc. is founded and incorporated by Dr. Surinder Kumar
- 1990 First commercial products include a line of modulators for the cable television industry
- 1998 Corporate Headquarters relocated to Victoria, BC
- 2003 Wavecom changes name to VCom Inc.
- 2003 VCom acquires YourLink, a wireless service provider
- 2005 VCom transitions to a public company – VCM on the TSX
- 2005 VCom wins the Advancing Technology award at BC Export Awards
- 2006 VCom changes its name to Vecima Networks Inc.
- 2007 Vecima acquires Spectrum Signal Processing
- 2008 Vecima signs supply agreement with Cisco Systems
- 2013 Vecima announces appointment of Sumit Kumar to position of CEO
- 2016 Vecima acquires Contigo Systems Inc., a telematics company
- 2017 Vecima sells YourLink to Xplornet
- 2017 Vecima acquires Concurrent, a video content delivery and storage company