About Vecima Networks
Vecima Networks Inc. (TSX:VCM) is a globally recognized leader in creating breakthrough technology solutions that empower network service providers to connect people and enterprises to information and entertainment worldwide. Vecima products for the cable industry allow service providers a cost-effective Last Mile Solution® for both video and broadband access, especially in the demanding business services market segment. Vecima also provides fleet managers the key information and analytics they require to optimally manage their business under the Contigo, Nero Global Tracking, and FleetLynx brands.
- Since its inception, Vecima has grown from three employees to several hundred.
- The main manufacturing facility is located in Saskatoon SK, Canada.
- Vecima has facilities located in Canada, the United States and India.
- At Vecima Networks, we design, manufacture and sell products that enable broadband access to cable, wireless and telephony networks.
- Our hardware products incorporate embedded software developed by us to meet the complex requirements of next-generation, high-speed digital networks.
- Our solutions allow service providers to rapidly and cost-effectively bridge the final network segment that connects a system directly to end-users, commonly referred to as “the last mile”.
- 1988 – Dr. Surinder Kumar founded and incorporated Wavecom Electronics Inc in Saskatoon, SK.
- 1990 – Introduced our first commercial products, a line of modulators for the cable television industry.
- Mid-1990’s – Opened a microwave research facility in Victoria, BC.
- 1998 – Relocated head office to Victoria, BC.
- 2003 – Changed name to VCom Inc and continued as a federal corporation pursuant to the Canada Business Corporations Act.
- 2005 – VCom transitioned to a public company and was listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol VCM.
- 2006 – Rebranded and changed company name to Vecima Networks Inc.