Hospitality Gateway » HD Free-to-Guest
The Terrace QAM Hospitality Gateway is a multi-channel QAM to QAM transcryptor for use in the hospitality industry. Demodulated MPEG transport streams are decrypted by CableCARDs then either re-encrypted using Pro:Idiom® technology or left in the clear. The MPEG transport streams are re-modulated and then delivered to the desired RF channel.
The Terrace QAM can decrypt 24 programs if equipped with the TQ1007LT+ processor card or 60 programs if equipped with the TQ1007+ processor card and provides up to 64 Output QAM channels to allow a full line-up of customized programming. Local content can also be added to enhance value-added advertising within the hospitality CATV network and further personalize Free-to-Guest offerings.
- Provide reliable, secure HD programming in a hospitality environment
- Demodulate up to 64 QAM channels
- Supports 4 or 10 multi-channel CableCARDs™ to decrypt 24 or 60 programs for both SD and HD programming
- Flexibility – Offer both SD and HD programming in the same chassis
- Supports MediaCipher® or PowerKEY® CableCARD decryption
- Encrypt outgoing programs with Pro:Idiom® technology for viewing on Pro:Idiom® enabled TVs without set-top boxes or utilize clear QAM output for use with non-Pro:Idiom® TV sets
- Supports up to 4 HD inputs (2xComponent + 2xUSB) for delivery of local advertising and information
- Embedded DOCSIS® Cable Modem or Ethernet for remote configuration and management
- Supports MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 video
- Optional MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 to MPEG-2 transcoding with TransQAM (TQ1035+) module
- Optional SCTE-27 subtitling with TransQAM (TQ1035+) module
- Compatible with Terrace View for Global Monitoring
NOTE: Multi-channel CableCARDs are not included with unit
Pro:Idiom is a registered trademark of Zenith Electronics, MediaCipher is a registered trademark of ARRIS, PowerKEY is a registered trademark of Cisco Systems, CableCARD is a trademark of Cable Television Laboratories Inc., DOCSIS is a registered trademark of Cable Television Laboratories Inc.